Turn Back the Clock with Bone Broth!
Bone broth has been a staple in the diet of every culture for hundreds of years, and it’s also used as stock in cooking. It is made from boiling the bones and sometimes meat of chicken, beef or lamb. It is nutrient-dense, easy to digest, boosts healing and rich in collagen and essential minerals. Collagen is the most abundant protein in the human body and is the substance that holds the whole body together. It is found in the bones, muscles, skin, tendons, ligaments and fascia where it forms a framework to provide strength and structure. Bone broth is especially beneficial for this condition, as it is easy to digest, and the collagen and gelatin are effective in restoring a healthy mucosal lining in the stomach. Also, the gelatin is hydrophilic which means that it attracts liquids, including digestive juices, allowing for effective digestion.In addition to GERD, bone broth has been helpful in healing other digestive disorders, like colitis and Crohn’s disease.
Some other benefits of bone broth:
1. Nourish Your Gut - Bone broth is full of gelatin and collagen, which soothes the intestinal tract as a healthy intestinal tract is essential to overall good health
2. Boost Your Immune System - A traditional folk remedy for colds and flus, bone broth provides nutrients which support your immune system. Cysteine, an amino acid found in chicken, helps to thin mucus so it can be expelled more easily.
3. Increase Bio-available Minerals - Supplying calcium, magnesium, potassium, silicon, sulfur and phosphorous.
4. Promote Healthy Skin - A rich source of collagen, bone broth can improve skin elasticity and fight wrinkles.
5. Reduce Inflammation - Glucosamine, chondroitin, collagen, and gelatin support your joints, bones, and reduce inflammation throughout your body.
Making bone broth is a bit of a process, but well worth the effort! I just boil one organic chicken in water, adding salt and a little apple cider vinegar, and then simmer overnight on low heat. This simmering causes the bones and ligaments to release healing compounds like collagen, proline, glycine and glutamine that have the power to transform your health. Bone broth is an all around great addition to your diet for ageless living!